"What are we doing today????"
Mommy replied........."A whole lot of NOTHING!"
And that's just what we did!
I "hit the wall" today - I've had rehearsals every night this week and performances start tomorrow night (yipee!) - so I'm "pooped"!
I had to take a picture of SOMETHING, so here we are eating our favorite lunch of BUTTERY NOODLES :)
This is Max, Jake, and Jake's brother, Brad :)
After dropping him off, I headed to rehearsal. I am LOVING this piece that we are performing!
After dropping him off, I headed to rehearsal. I am LOVING this piece that we are performing!
It is Haydn's " The Creation"
The Creation was written between 1796 and 1798 by Joseph Haydn, and considered by many to be his masterpiece. The oratorio depicts and celebrates the creation of the world as described in the Book of Genesis. The Creation is set for three vocal soloists (soprano, tenor, and bass), four-part chorus (soprano, alto, tenor, bass), and a large Classical orchestra. The soloists are amazing and I am in love with the soprano! Her voice is crystal clear and pure.
The three soloists represent angels who narrate and comment on the successive six days of creation: Gabriel (soprano), Uriel (tenor), and Raphael (bass). In Part III, the role of Adam is sung by the same bass, and the role of Eve is sung by the soprano. The chorus gets to sing some very monumental chorus throughout proclaiming God's GREATNESS - it is awesome!
The orchestra often plays alone, doing a lot of "tone-painting": the appearance of the sun, the creation of various beasts, and, in the overture, a depiction of the Chaos before the creation.
The three soloists represent angels who narrate and comment on the successive six days of creation: Gabriel (soprano), Uriel (tenor), and Raphael (bass). In Part III, the role of Adam is sung by the same bass, and the role of Eve is sung by the soprano. The chorus gets to sing some very monumental chorus throughout proclaiming God's GREATNESS - it is awesome!
The orchestra often plays alone, doing a lot of "tone-painting": the appearance of the sun, the creation of various beasts, and, in the overture, a depiction of the Chaos before the creation.
If you want to actually HEAR some of it go to our symphony's website http://www.phoenixsymphony.org/ and on the main page they have a little blurb on the concert.
OK.....I need to get to bed now so I can tank up for tomorrow!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment