Friday, October 03, 2008

FALL BREAK - Friday thru Tuesday......ARGH!!!!

OK.......Memories are kept in your heart.....memories are kept in your heart....
I need to keep telling myself that! My camera is flashing "Memory Card Error", and no pictures are coming up :( - I'm sad, because I had some GREAT photos this extended weekend! So......I will tell you about our awesome extended weekend and you can visualize with me :)
FRIDAY....
Jeff, Liz, Kate and Charlie Colvin are visiting from Denver! They came for a fun weekend and stayed at the JW Marriot in Scottsdale (can you say, "NICE"?) - we went there Friday early evening and had a blast with them swimming and then out to dinner.
Visualize this precious picture of Max, Luke, Kate and Charlie in their swimsuits hanging out at the pool - SO CUTE!
And see this picture of Charlie who fell asleep on his daddy's lap at dinner - doesn't he look just like his daddy???
So much fun to be with our special friends!
SATURDAY.....
Max had a great basketball game today! Papa, Uncle Adam and the girls came to cheer him on! He did great - visualize this video I took of him dribbling the ball up the court and taking a great shot - it hit the rim and almost went in!
Uncle Adam then took Max and Luke home with them and they had THE BEST TIME - shooting off rockets at the park, then he took everyone to McDonald's! Thanks, Uncle Adam - you are THE BEST :)
I then had another concert - Mom, Dad, Laurie and her mom, Carolyn, and James and Angie Dykstra came to the concert! They all enjoyed it - thank you so much for coming - it meant so much to have you all there!
SUNDAY, MONDAY, TUESDAY.....
I had my last performance of "The Creation" in Sun City today! Joan and Richard came all the way to see it! And loved it! I really enjoyed singing this piece - such a worshipful experience!
Rich and the boys met me there after the concert and we headed up to PRESCOTT!!!
What a wonderful time we had!!!!!
We stayed at Laurie's family's cabin - it is tucked away in the middle of the forest - so cozy, quiet and beautiful! We had nothing to do but to just "be" together - it was WONDERFUL. It was nice and chilly up there and that was so refreshing!
Visualize these awesome picture of the boys skipping rocks on Goldwater Lake, climbing a real live rock wall (unlike the artificial one they do at our gym), collecting rocks and sticks, playing with Landon (the neighbor boy), taking fun nature walks, sitting on the front porch, going out to dinner down town at the Prescott Brewing Company, getting the best homemade ice cream from the candy store after (I got Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Rich got German Chocolate Cake, Max got Rocky Road, Luke got Peanut Butter and Jelly (yes, that's what I said!), and Sam got a taste of every ones' (I think he got the best deal!), playing board games and taking long naps at the cabin..........
It was a much needed family quality time get away!!!
Thanks for taking the time to read about our fun weekend - I now have a new memory card and will be back with pictures :)

No comments: