11 years of marriage.....
Happy Anniversary to Rich and I!
11 years ago today I became Mrs. Webb.......the happiest day of my life! We got married in Mahtomedia, MN at St. Andrew's Lutheran Church at 4:00 in the afternoon. It was a HOT but BEAUTIFUL Minnesota day! I remember being SO excited to see Rich! I had my sister, Lynn, as my matron of honor. For bridesmaids, I had my 2 sister-in-laws, Jenni and Lynnette, my best friend from high school, Anh, and my best friend from college, Jill. My cousin, Megan, was my junior bridesmaid! Rich had his dad as honorary best man. For groomsmen, he had his 3 brother-in-laws, Bryce, Mark, and Adam, his best friend from high school, Rich, and his best friend from college, Brad. I'll never forget walking down the long hallway with my dad to get to the sanctuary...I was very nervous gripping my dad's hand. Then we could hear my dear friend and voice teacher, Cindy, singing in the sanctuary during the prelude music. My dad said, "Now that's a comforting and familiar voice", and he was so right! That's all I needed to hear to calm down and get ready to walk down the aisle! On a side note, Cindy is now in Heaven singing with angels!!!
I watched all my attendants walk down the aisle, and before each one walked down, they looked at me and gave me a sweet smile. Then the doors opened and......WOW - it was really happening! There he was! My Richie!! I was laughing and crying at the same time and could hardly catch my breath - I did not take my eyes off of him! Thank goodness it was a short aisle...........what a long day not talking to him or seeing him!!!!!
It was a BEAUTIFUL ceremony and Rich and I enjoy watching it every year to be reminded. Cindy sang: "Bist du bei Mir", "Alleluia", "Love Changes Everything", "Ave Maria", and "The Lord's Prayer". Pastor Mark Wickstrom gave the most unique homily, where he did a poem all about Rich and I and to make Christ the center of our marriage - it was so clever and everyone loved it! We had I Corinthians 13:1-7 and Colossians 3:12-17 read during the ceremony by my cousin, Beverly, and friend from college, Julie.
We had an AWESOME reception at the Radisson Inn in downtown St. Paul. We had a sit down dinner and then the best live band "Brian Kinney and the Flames" perform, and we danced the night away! It was a BLAST! We danced to our song, "'Til I Loved You" by Restless Heart. I even got up and sang back up to "Mustang Sally" with the band! The air conditioning went out at the reception, but we didn't care! We were having too much fun!
It was the wedding I always dreamed of - and I married the man I always dreamed of, too. An absolutely perfect day! All our friends and family still talk about what a beautiful wedding and reception it was :)
The next day we had a beautiful open house at my parents where we opened all our gifts and celebrated some more with everyone! Then we were off to JAMAICA for a 7 day honeymoon at the all inclusive Sandals resort!!!! YA MON!
We have had such a wonderful time being married........we've learned so much from each other and really grown a lot. We have so much fun together. Rich is my best friend, and he makes me feel like a princess. I am so loved by him and that makes me very happy. So much has happened in 11 years! We have 3 beautiful boys, and are blessed with loving family and friends. I'm always amazed at how it can get any better and it does each year!
Rich made me a blog for our anniversary (check it out at http://www.our11th.blogspot.com/) starting 5 days before our anniversary - and each day he adds something new to it - what a CREATIVE and CLEVER guy, huh?!
To celebrate, we are going to see a comedian at our church, then we are going out to dinner, and then we are bringing some dessert home and watching our wedding video :)
Annie loves Richie!!!!!
1 comment:
Happy anniversary. I love how you told us about your wedding. I felt like I was there. You are right, it did sound perfect.
Now I can't wait to see the blog your sweet man made for you. How sweet and creative!
Hugs to you both, an amazing couple.
Post a Comment