Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The best gift ever...

So, I was told to be ready to go at 5:30 prompt! I had no idea what my birthday date was going to be.... We got in the car and Rich said, "We're gonna go to some of our favorite places and just have fun! Chili's for appetizers, The Keg for dinner, Cheesecake Factory for dessert...whatever you want! First I thought we'd go to Ocotillo Golf Club for drinks and watch the sunset." PERFECT idea.
So, we pull up to our parking spot, and who is standing there, but Pastor Jim Harper standing right there by a beautiful lake. "What in the world is Jim Harper doing there?" Rich asked. My heart started racing as I saw the smile on Rich's face. Rich said, "Let's go talk to him!" I knew exactly what was about to happen and was so surprised and happy. We renewed our marriage vows right there!
Rich said some beautiful words to me, and then I was asked if I had anything to say and I definitely did...what a wonderful husband I have! He was crying, I was balling, even Jim had tears. It was awesome. It was the most beautiful, romantic, awesome gift I could have ever received. Rich is the most beautiful, romantic, awesome gift I could have ever received! This marriage is where it is today because of Jesus being at the center of it. I am so thankful that I married a man who strives EVERY day to be like Jesus. I am humbled by God's love for me. Yeah, Rich Webb! Thank you for the BEST GIFT EVER.





1 comment:

shana said...

How great! Congratulations you two!