Laurie's daughter, Tess has quite the week ahead of her! Last Tuesday, Laurie took Tess to her 3 year old well check up at the Pediatrician. As the doctor was feeling around on her tummy, he discovered a mass that he immediately got concerned about. He rushed Laurie and Tess to the hospital and after a bunch of tests, they discovered that Tess has an ovarian tumor and unfortunately the tumor has destroyed the right ovary. So, she is having surgery on Wednesday to have the tumor and right ovary removed - it is a 2 hour surgery, and she will probably be in the hospital for a couple of days. She is totally oblivious to the whole thing, and is very happy and healthy and is in no pain. They were just blind sighted by this situation and are handling it so well. They know that God is in control of this situation and really feel comforted by that. We've decided that Tess is going to be the poster child for well check up appointments!!!!
Laurie sings sweet hymns to her kiddos every night. So I asked Tess to sing me one last night when they were all over.
This is her singing "It Is Well With My Soul"
2 comments:
I loved Tess' rendition of one of my favorites hymns, It is Well with My Soul! Such a precious sound to God, I'm sure.
I just scrolled down a bit skimming your fun blog- and listened to this delightful video. I wish I had the trusting heart of a 3 year old! How did her surgery go?
Thanks for sharing your lives!
Sue Theobald
Post a Comment