Sunday, August 10, 2008

HAPPY 90TH BIRTHDAY, MA!

Today is my Grandma "Ma's" birthday! She is 90 years old today :) She lives in Reading, OH and today everyone is celebrating for the last time in her home. She is moving into a senior housing development "Maple Knoll" in September. My mom grew up in this house, and I basically grew up there, too! So many wonderful memories were made at 302 E Benson St :) - it is a bitter sweet day :) Ma is ready for her new adventure at Maple Knoll!
My Grandma is the most positive, funniest, and sweetest woman I know! She always wants to try new things, and is always the "life of the party"! She taught me how to play many card games, dice, cribbage, and shuffle board. She's taught me to always find the fun in everything, to laugh often, and just be silly sometimes - life's too short! Everyone knows Lil's favorite number is 5, that she loves martinis (with 5 olives!), and she loves to play dice :)

Here is a picture of her today in front of her house :)
I wrote a poem for her that she received for her birthday today:)
She's so very lovable, always positive, and FUN...
It's no wonder we consider her a "number 1"!
She likes to try new things, and when she's tried that, she'll go for more!
My favorite memory is letting off firecrackers on the bathroom floor!
She spreads joy to all those around her, it's true...
If you need a pick me up, hang out with Ma, she'll help you not feel blue!
Thank you for being such a phenomenal Grandma to me...
I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have you in my life - I want to shout with GLEE!
I'm so excited for your new adventure at Maple Knoll...
You'll make so many new friends; I know you'll get on a roll!
They won't know what hit them when you arrive...
You'll be just what they all need to survive!
WE LOVE YOU, MA!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!


1 comment:

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

WOW! Happy birthday. What a neat lady...and up for change. Double WOW!

Miss you!