Sam's Pediatrician has been on us to "really get those tonsils looked at by an ENT"...they are affecting his speech (he sounds like he has a cold all the time), he has never really breathed through his nose, he snores VERY loud, and is suffering from sleep apnea (he literally stops breathing when he's sleeping). His tonsils are huge, and starting to obstruct his airway. So....we went today and met with Dr. Mancuso! I played him a video of him sleeping (that I recorded on my phone), and that pretty much sealed the deal for Dr. Mancuso (listening to him stop his breathing). He talked about how huge of a surgery a tonsillectomy is for really young ones like Sam. The recovery is pretty tough on them, and that they don't really want to do it when they're this young, but the sleep apnea is a huge deal. Kids this young most likely get dehydrated, because it hurts so much they won't even swallow their own saliva.
He sent us to get x-rays on his nose (to check on his adenoids), and cover all our bases before we go further. So, we will know more when he gets the results from that.
Mommy is sick about all this...but, I want to help my sweet Sam.
He sent us to get x-rays on his nose (to check on his adenoids), and cover all our bases before we go further. So, we will know more when he gets the results from that.
Mommy is sick about all this...but, I want to help my sweet Sam.
1 comment:
I will lift this situation up to our Savior, friend.
Post a Comment