I wanted to "change up" my work out routine a bit......I was getting BORED of the gym every day, so I decided to train for the PF Chang's 1/2 marathon! This was my 3rd 1/2 marathon....the last one being in 2002! Not much of a runner these days, but I loved it!
Rich was my chauffeur to the starting line....it was COLD...
The run was hard, but FUN. I had my ipod with my good music, plus when I was tired of that, I would take off my head phones and listen to the LIVE BANDS that were every 3 miles! There were so many spectators cheering us on, cheerleaders from everywhere, I even ran through 3 "tunnels" some of them made with their pom pons! A wonderful surprise was Lynnette CALLING me during her run! She was running the FULL marathon at the same time, and called me at her mile 12 and my mile 6...that was awesome! SIMONE and JIMMY were at mile 8 to cheer me on! Simone got on her bike and rode with me for a bit....such a huge help! At mile 10 a huge HILL approached me...I think I said out loud, "SERIOUSLY?!" It was somethin' else! But, the best was at the FINISH stretch of the race seeing and HEARING Rich, the boys, and mom and dad! I was SO happy to see them, I knew the end was in sight! I raised my arms and crossed that finish line. YEAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment