Friday, March 19, 2010

RECOVERY......ugh.

I have to be completely honest.....this recovery process is the PITS! I secretly wished it was going to be like the Brady Bunch episode, where Cindy had to have her tonsils removed. She laid in bed with her silky pajamas and perfectly curled pigtails eating ice cream and sucking on popsicles. Not the case....

...but, Sam handled it like a CHAMP!
The above picture is the face (picture running frantically around the house screaming for 30 minutes) I had to deal with every 4 hours that pain medicine had to be given, and every 6 hours that antibiotic had to be given. So hard to have to swallow gross tasting medicine when you don't even want to swallow your own spit....what ever happened to suppositories (my mom just raves about them and how great they were when we were kids!)?

Top 20 things I am very thankful for during this week of recovery....
20. waffles with SYRUP
19. Nutrigrain bars
18. Kraft macaroni and cheese

17. soft cheesy quesadillas
16. GIANT lollipops

15. lots of comfy cotton pajamas with super heroes on them that we could wear a different pair every day (thank you, McClendon family for the hand me downs!)

14. SPRITE

13. Wow Wow Wubsy
(his favorite TV show)
12. Diet Coke for me!

11. Sam's blue blanket
10. the Wii
9. PLAYDOUGH
8. BUBBLES
7. TV trays

6. Laurie, for making our family some delicious dinners AND dessert, so we could have a substantial meal each night!

5. The Stephen's for coming over and bringing Sam some goodies!
4. All the get well cards and wishes from everyone
3. Cherie and Jennifer for bringing my boys home from school each day, so I didn't have to load Sam in the car!
2. Max and Luke coming home from school each day...it totally brightened up the rest of the day for him!

and last but not least....this WATER BOTTLE...
I don't know what it was...but this hideous, not exciting looking water bottle was exciting to Sam. He would drink water all day out of it! I was SO happy!

Here's a happy time during our week...Great Aunt Gail and Beverly sent stickers and Sam decorated his guitar...
Another happy time...the Stephen's family came over with a GET WELL BAG full of goodies for Sam.. so nice!
We are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and are SO happy we did the surgery! Sam no longer SNORES, and can breathe through his nose for the first time! I'm SO happy Sam is only 3...he will not remember this, and therefore not resent us for making him go through all of this...


No comments: