Luke and I had an eventful evening...
Precious boy has been coughing and raspy voice for the past 2 days, and today he was just not himself...poor thing could not breathe! He was really struggling....so we were doing all the home remedies (steam filled bathroom, hot liquids, Motrin), but he just was getting worse. When I asked Luke how it felt, he said, "It fells like there is a rope around my neck, and it's getting tighter and making it hard to breathe." So I called his doctor (whom I absolutely think is the best pediatrician in the world), and he told me to put him on the phone so he could listen to him breathe. He directed me to bring him straight to Phoenix Children's Urgent Care. Rich was arriving home from a business trip at 11:00, so I called Dani (the boys' sitter) and she was here in 2 minutes and took Max and Sam and we were off!
Here's my little patient when we arrived....pitiful...he did such a good job explaining to the doctor about the "tight rope" around this neck.

They gave him a breathing treatment, and he was able to breathe easier within 5 minutes! They also gave him an oral steriod that will last for the next 4 days.
They monitored him for 2 hours.....we played hangman, colored, snuggled, read, and played some more hangman!
All better! They gave him a huge Powerade to drink, a lollipop and a sticker. He said, "This is the best place ever! Let's always come here when I have to go to the doctor."
The doctor says it is croup, and we should be back in the game by Wednesday! He is now home from school for the day, and is relaxing on the couch.
2 comments:
That is so scary. From the age of 3 -6 Ben would get croup every year. And we always ended up in the ER at 3 in the morning. I'm glad Luke's feeling better!
Praise God he is alright. I love those late night places to help out mom and dad, especially when they are geared for kids!
Post a Comment