Friday, May 07, 2010

Our SWEET Star...Luke Webb!

This was a MAJOR heart string TUG tonight! Sweet Luke has been taking piano lessons from Grandma Joan! He has had a total of 2 lessons, and has learned his first SONG...Merrily We Roll Along - he was SO excited that he actually could play a SONG! He saw the posters for the Talent Show all over the school, and 4 days ago (very confidently I might add), he came up to me and stated, "Mom, I really want to do the talent show, I know a SONG!" This SONG lasted a total of 10 seconds. So, Luke and I put our heads together and decided to play it through TWICE, and the second time he sang along with it! He was SO excited, and practiced at least 10 times a day leading up to the show. The night before (at bedtime mind you), he came up to Rich (very confidently again, I might add) and stated, "Dad, I really want to wear a shirt, tie, nice pants and nice shoes tomorrow." Rich had him in the car, and to Kohl's faster than I could say, "That's a great idea!"
We were so touched by the fact our shy, introvert, follower, Luke, was coming up with all these ideas on his own! Bless his heart, it was a precious experience!

Here he is waiting his turn...


And here is our sweet star, Luke Webb, performing "Merrily We Roll Along"
(try to block out the background noise...it was Art Gallery Night as well!)

No comments: