
This past weekend, I went to Denver to play 54 holes of golf with my buddy, Jeff Colvin. He is a member at Blackstone Country Club in Aurora. It is a great club! We had a blast!
We were on the tee at the par 3, 6th hole. The tee box measured at 166, the markers were actually a few steps back, so the official shot was from 174. The pin was up front on this long narrow green...I chose a 7 iron. I hit the ball, and my exact quote to Jeff was, "This might go in the hole for my first hole in one." 2 hops, and in the hole! We had a great view to see it drop! We screamed, jumped, hugged, high-fived, and screamed more! There was a foursome on the next tee that witnessed the hole in one, and about 10 people came out on their decks from houses along the left side of the hole...they heard the commotion! One person at a nearby house called the clubhouse, and reported the hole in one! See the video of the hole below.
We finished the round, and headed in the clubhouse where they were waiting for us. They had the form for me to fill out for the info to be in the paper, etc. I was also the first official hole in one at Blackstone Country Club...they will be making a plaque for the locker room.
Then we headed to the bar to celebrate! The golf course took care of the first round of drinks, and then I did the traditional "drinks on me" at the bar. It was a small group of people, so my tab was only $88.09. Could have been worse!
We had a great day, and great weekend! Thanks Jeff for having me at your club! I will never forget the fun that we had together!
Here is the scorecard...click on it to make it large.

No comments:
Post a Comment